I want to blow up my friend's planet again

Help me find an old LAN game about space ships fighting each other that I used to play.

My friends and I used to play a networked game back in the day (~2000) where your character was a little space ship fighting against other space ships. Each ship would be sitting on a planet, and you had this huge collection of weapons you could fire at the other ships. I don't think the ships themselves could move much.

Things I remember:

-The planets had an affect on the trajectory of the weapons
-You could destroy the planets to get to your opponent
-The weapons had various yields, so some were very small, some could take out half of a large planet.

Anyone have any idea what game I'm talking about? I was trying to find it yesterday so we could all play it again. Thanks in advance!
posted by KirTakat to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Are you talking about netrek?
posted by waxbanks at 7:17 AM on August 28, 2006

Sounds like a Scorched Earth variant...
posted by SpecialK at 7:17 AM on August 28, 2006

No, the game I'm thinking of is more like the old Gorillas game that came with qbasic for dos.
posted by KirTakat at 7:20 AM on August 28, 2006

SpecialK, yes, definately along the Scorched Earth lines (the No was to the Netrek question)
posted by KirTakat at 7:22 AM on August 28, 2006

Was it Warheads? There are a few screenshots here.
posted by ZaphodB at 7:37 AM on August 28, 2006

ZaphodB, YES! Thanks a lot! I just could not remember the name of the damn game, and I couldn't figure out a good way to google it from what I could remember.

I'm so going to have to kick some of my friend's asses in this tonight.
posted by KirTakat at 7:42 AM on August 28, 2006

« Older Help me find an obscure R.A. Lafferty quote.   |   skew me with your flexible parameter Newer »