How to locate a camera lost across the Atlantic?

Is there any hope for finding a camera lost in Corfu, Greece last week, from New York City? A Greek askmefi version of this question?

While on a cruise vacation last week, my father lost his vintage 2003 Sony Cybershot camera in Corfu, Greece, either at Glyfada beach or in a taxi from Corfu town to Glyfada. Are there any resources to see if that camera turned up in a lost and found somewhere on the island?
posted by andrewraff to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (2 answers total)

Can't help, but as a tip for the future, I always have an image on my camera's memory card which shows my email and postal addresses and promises a reward for safe return.
posted by A189Nut at 5:20 PM on August 23, 2006 [5 favorites]

I always have an image on my camera's memory card which shows my email and postal addresses and promises a reward for safe return.

That is a great tip!
posted by qwip at 1:52 AM on August 24, 2006

« Older What are your thoughts on Lincoln NB?   |   Ballroom dance classes in Chicago Newer »