need fitted cover for tv set
August 22, 2006 1:07 PM   Subscribe

Does anyone know where I can find a fitted cover for my tv set? Standard 20" RCA model....I find an eyesore in middle of living room and remember seeing a product locally in Vancouver BC on-line a while ago, but cannot find it now.
posted by frizelli to Home & Garden (5 answers total)

Scroll down to "custom dust covers."
posted by wsg at 2:25 PM on August 22, 2006

Maybe look around on to see if anyone has made something cool like that, or even ask around to see if someone would sew you somehting cool to use.
posted by smallerdemon at 2:49 PM on August 22, 2006

This would have rocked but it's recently out of production.
posted by sourwookie at 6:42 PM on August 22, 2006

Bamboo blinds can be inexpensive and attractive.
posted by fish tick at 7:19 PM on August 22, 2006

When I needed a cover for one of my turntables, I went to a chain fabric store and bought some nice black fabric for $5US or so. I then made a rough sketch of the dimensions of the cover and took it and the fabric to a local tailor. She stitched it up for me for $15US.

Custom fit, custom look, and I was able to support a local craftsperson.

Come to think of it, I just might have her do the same thing for my huge eyesore TV, too. Thanks for the idea!
posted by the matching mole at 8:23 AM on August 23, 2006

« Older Who has the best lamb marinade?   |   Bastard Landlord steals security depsoit (with... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.