Empty bar, open early, with TV?

New Yorkers: Please help me find a bar that will (a) be open at 2 on Saturday and noon on Sunday; (b) be willing to put swimming on the TV (that is, be pretty empty); (c) is near the J, F, or Q.

I don't have a TV and neither does anyone else I'm willing to subject to swimming, but the Pan Pacs will be on & I'd really like to see them. I would like to avoid the ESPN zone, even if it would show it. Thanks.
posted by dame to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total)

Meh... Well at least now I know where ESPN zone is... Might want to try Mickey Mantle's... Can't see why they wouldn't put it on for ya at that time... What channel will it be on?
posted by joecacti at 8:36 AM on August 22, 2006

Manhattan? Brooklyn?
posted by huskerdont at 8:44 AM on August 22, 2006

(They will be shown tape delayed on NBC)
posted by milkrate at 9:04 AM on August 22, 2006

Either Manhattan or North Brooklyn.
posted by dame at 9:12 AM on August 22, 2006

perhaps Boss Tweed's, off the F at Delancey? I believe they're open at those hours. the bartender on sundays is named Conor, and he's a great guy.

address for boss tweed's is 115 Essex, between Rivington and Delancey.
posted by dubold at 10:49 AM on August 22, 2006

« Older We need advice about having sex in the woods.   |   Weird Burning Sensation Newer »