DVDs from other regions

I recently bought a region-free DVD player to be able to see cool things from the UK and the like you can't get here. I'm wondering if anyone keeps any kind of list or weblog about other-region (outside the US, that is) DVDs that are worth seeking out?
posted by dearleader to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

What sort of stuff do you like?
posted by the cuban at 12:37 PM on August 17, 2006

How about all the UK TV shows that never come out on DVD elsewhere? Some suggestions.
posted by smackfu at 1:03 PM on August 17, 2006

Check out DVDBeaver.com for comparisons between different regions' releases of the same film.

I bought a bunch of region 2 silent film DVDs by Eureka, but they're slowly seeing U.S. release. (A lot of times new prints of older films turn up and there are competing restorations.)
posted by hyperizer at 1:08 PM on August 17, 2006

It's obvious, but checking out amazon.co.uk is usually worthwhile. I've also found shipping (to Canada) to be very quick and reasonably priced.
posted by Gary at 1:30 PM on August 17, 2006

Not exactly what you asked, but this previous question might be useful.
posted by kingjoeshmoe at 6:52 PM on August 17, 2006

« Older Site for awesome custom home/wall decor   |   From the Moon to the Earth Newer »