How to get the battery life setting on an iPaq with CE's desktop?

My boss has an iPAQ with windows CE on it. She says it used to have a small icon indicating the remaining battery life on the home screen. It no longer has this display. Any ideas on how to get it back?
posted by By The Grace of God to Technology (3 answers total)

How about using WisBar? It's got a battery meter and several other useful features.
posted by davidmsc at 5:09 AM on August 9, 2006

I had that happen a couple of times when I was using an HP 5450 iPaq; have you tried a soft reset? Use the pen to push the reset button on the lower right side of the case.

if this doesn't work then you might have to hard reset the device. This involves pressing the reset button while simultaneously holding other buttons; it's model specific, so you should search with the appropriate model number.

Make sure you back up - MORE THAN ONCE!! - first. I've actually had backups made immediately before a hard reset be unusable for some reason.

Best of luck!
posted by Mutant at 5:31 AM on August 9, 2006

that one worked, Mutant, thanx!
posted by By The Grace of God at 6:10 AM on August 9, 2006

« Older "City of God" clothing label   |   CSS Filter: Skew-whiff border/Strange misalignment... Newer »