How do I shut off the .pdf footers?

When converting HTML pages to Acrobat files using Adobe Acrobat Standard, it automatically puts the URL of the page in a footer on each page of the created .pdf. How do I stop it from doing this?
posted by Framer to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Best answer: File → Create PDF from Web page → Settings → uncheck header/footers option.

But that’s in Pro. Don’t have Standard to test with. (Do select the tagging option.)
posted by joeclark at 2:49 PM on August 2, 2006

Response by poster: Thanks joeclark. That does indeed work. BUT, I'm creating the .pdfs from a few hundred html files saved locally on my hard drive. Doing it the way you've taught me does work, but requires that I do each file one at a time (can't select more than one file when prompted for source). If I do it via file --> create .pdf --> from file, I can do multiple files at once. Any way to get rid of the footers doing it this way?
posted by Framer at 3:00 PM on August 2, 2006

Is Acrobat doing it, or the browser?
posted by gimonca at 3:42 PM on August 2, 2006

Response by poster: No browser open at the time. I'm doing it through Acrobat.
posted by Framer at 3:52 PM on August 2, 2006

You can, of course, crop the top and the bottom from each page in a multi-page PDF file and get rid of them that way.
posted by yclipse at 6:29 PM on August 2, 2006

I think you’re stuck with cropping, which can be applied document-wide.
posted by joeclark at 5:06 AM on August 3, 2006

« Older Diver down...and out, with your help   |   I'm addicted to information about 200 year old... Newer »