Simple php program to track work schedules?

I'm trying to find a simple php program to track employee work schedules. Actually, filemaker pro would work for this, but they charge too much for the server version, and I'm fond of open source. More below...

Basically, I track the teaching schedules of 50 adjunct instructors, and it would be great if me and my colleagues could make changes to the schedule via web page, and be able to have it spit out a comma-delimited text file at some point.

So I'm looking for something similar to filemaker pro, but not quite as involved, so that teachers can check their schedules and coordinators can make schedule updates without having to email a spreadsheet to six other people with each change.

I guess it doesn't have to be php, it's just that I've always found php scripts easier to install and use than perl. If worse comes to worse I suppose I can cough up the money for filemaker pro for OS X, but a php script sounds much easier and cheaper...

A related question is, where is a good repository of php scripts that has good user evaluations and discussions attached?

ask.metafilter is the next google.
posted by mecran01 to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

A related question is, where is an active, good repository of php scripts that has good user evaluations and discussions attached?

ask.metafilter is the next google.
posted by mecran01 at 4:12 PM on January 2, 2004

Whoops.
posted by mecran01 at 4:15 PM on January 2, 2004

mecran, I've seen stuff like this on Freshmeat but can't remember the details and will leave the legwork to you.
posted by billsaysthis at 6:28 PM on January 2, 2004

Try these links:

More.Groupware has a decent calendar module, and lots more besides.

phpGroupWare does too.

Zope Group Calendar.

Hot Scripts. Calendars directory. Hot scripts is a pretty good archive of various free pieces of software.

Scriptz. Calendars directory. Another good archive.

Scriptz organizers directory. Scheduling software, some of which looks like it could be used for your purposes.
posted by Mo Nickels at 8:05 AM on January 3, 2004

I phrased the question poorly. All I really needed was a simple, user configurable database.

http://www.dadabik.org/

Looks like just the ticket.
posted by mecran01 at 10:19 PM on January 4, 2004

« Older Will upgrading my Vaio to XP wreck my settings?   |   Advice on refinancing credit card debt. Newer »