Is there a term for cross-over cosplay outfits?
July 25, 2006 4:32 PM   Subscribe

I went to Comic Con this year, and as usual, there were tons of people in costume. The most original however, are the ones that do some sort of cross-over/mash-up/call it what you will, like Stormtrooper Elvis. So here's my question... is there a particular term for this kind of costume/cos-play?
posted by andrewjthomas to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)
Probably not a polite one. (Even among fans, they're not held in high regard.)
posted by Steven C. Den Beste at 4:38 PM on July 25, 2006

That sounds so cool. I want to know the name too, if it exists.
posted by jb at 5:41 PM on July 25, 2006

I think the term is "awesome."

(But no, I've never heard a term for mash-up costumers, and I actually work in the comic book industry, so you would think I would have by now. Coin your own, enjoy brief internet stardom.)
posted by logovisual at 6:42 PM on July 25, 2006

Awesome, indeed.

(If you're a Giants fan.)
posted by grabbingsand at 7:05 PM on July 25, 2006

« Older DaVinci or Darwin? How crazy is aesthetic gun...   |   Video Filter Programming Filter Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.