Looking for a USB conntector
July 24, 2006 2:37 PM   Subscribe

I am trying to purchase, online or in the Seattle area, a Type A (female) right angle dual stacked USB connector. I have been unable this far to find someone willing to sell be just one (as opposed to a ship container full from China). Anyone knoew where I might be able to? Radio Shack and Westlake Electronics do not carry them and Radar Inc did not have any right angle ones.
posted by Riemann to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)
Digi-key is a great resource for the electronics hobbyist. Something like 151-1085-ND (on the bottom of the page) work for you?
posted by leapfrog at 2:47 PM on July 24, 2006

Or Mouser.
posted by xil at 2:49 PM on July 24, 2006

Try Connector World in Greenwood. I don't know if they have these in stock, but they certainly carry everything else.
posted by ptm at 3:13 PM on July 24, 2006

As a last resort, you should be able to get a crappy USB hub like this one anywhere, and desoldering them won't be hard.
posted by cillit bang at 3:14 PM on July 24, 2006

You can try Partstore online. They have a LOT of parts and supplies.

I don't know if Fry's (I think it is in, or near Kent) would have any, but it is a good reason to go... :-)
posted by Leenie at 3:25 PM on July 24, 2006

Response by poster: Thanks everyone! I just got the part ordered from Digi-Key. Now I just have to manage to not fry the board installing it :)
posted by Riemann at 4:22 PM on July 24, 2006

« Older Talking about yourself   |   How do I put a front plate on my Scion XB? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.