Help me Calibrate my 3D card and Monitor!

Is there a program/website I can use to calibrate the color settings on my monitor through my 3D Card's settings?

I have a Radeon X850 attached to a big fat 19 inch CRT. The problem is, The CRT colors are usually quite dark and I can't really find the right balance of colors through trial and error. Does anyone know of any type of online reference that I can use to adjust the colors/brightness so that they match what they should be?
posted by CXImran to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I use "Nokia Monitor Test" when I need to tweak my monitor. You'll have to adjust the colors "by eye" of course, but the test patterns dished out by this freeware utility will make that quite easy to do.
posted by shinybeast at 9:40 PM on June 30, 2006

I always start with these brightness and contrast setting instructions.
posted by mendel at 9:41 PM on June 30, 2006

If you have Photoshop (long shot, I know) it comes with a little utility program to set the gamma and other calibration-related settings.
posted by kindall at 9:47 PM on June 30, 2006

There is software specifically for this, it's called DisplayMate.
posted by chuma at 6:03 AM on July 1, 2006

« Older Let them eat cake   |   Remember the cold war? Newer »