PDAFilter: My Palm Lifedrive's screen is unresponsive. How do I fix it?

I recently changed the plastic protector screen on my PDA and now the screen won't work.

The protector was slightly thicker than the one applied previously so at first I thought that it was that causing screen to be unresponsive. But when I take off the plastic protector the screen is still unresponsive. It flickers when I touch with the pen, but nothing else. The buttons all work, and I've restarted and rebooted the device. It's still unresponsive. Please help! I can barely live without it. Is it dead for good? Or can I fix this? Thanks MeFis.

Also, I used a hard plastic applicator thing that came with the protectors to smooth it over the screen. Could this have damaged my screen?
posted by thandi to Technology (6 answers total)

Try recalibrating.
posted by orthogonality at 11:16 AM on June 30, 2006

The recalibration is a good idea.

Have you tried a hard reset?
posted by bshort at 11:40 AM on June 30, 2006

If the hard reset doesn't do it, you'll have to send it in for repair.
posted by grouse at 12:06 PM on June 30, 2006

I didn't try the hard reset. Thank you for the link. I'll try that.
posted by thandi at 1:41 PM on June 30, 2006

If that doesn't work, how do I do a recalibration? Not sure what that entails.

Well, you're in luck: after a hard reset, when you reboot, it'll prompt you to calibrate.

Or, you can run the calibration program. It probably has an icon like a pen. It'll prompt you to tap the four corners on teh screen with your stylus (don't use your finger on this).
posted by orthogonality at 2:05 PM on June 30, 2006

« Older RenameMyBlankFilter   |   Help me ditch painful morning ghost-arms. Newer »