Looking for portable dvd/tv

Hurricane season is upon us (I'm in Florida) and I've been looking for a portable dvd player with a TV tuner, so that I can use it during power outages ( using battery power ) and the kids can use the dvd player on long car trips. Any suggestions? It seems that those players with TV are very rare. I wont mind a separate TV tuner that I could connect to the player....
posted by FLHunter3006 to Technology (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6WbfU3f3YOu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=54800&I=220D1020
posted by Gungho at 6:19 AM on June 28, 2006

Audiovox makes a portable DVD player with a built in, 125-channel cable-ready TV tuner.

I have a cheap portable DVD player which can hook up to a television set, so I connected it to a cheap B&W TV during last year's hurricane so my daughter could get her mind off the news during the long power outage. (I'm in FL too)
posted by icontemplate at 11:09 AM on June 28, 2006

« Older Benzodiazepines and sporting performance   |   Is my car's smashed window a break-in or a hit and... Newer »