Help me identify what this type of switch is called.
June 26, 2006 1:57 PM   Subscribe

What do you call this type of switch?

There must be some sort of name given to these types of switches. I've tried "mechanical switch" and every combination of which I can think, but my google-fu is weak.

Even better, I'd be grateful if you can point me to an online store that sells such things. However, I'm more interested, at the moment, in just knowing what the bloody things are called.

I'm also open to the possibility that they don't have a special name, but something so bad-ass must have a name!
posted by Symeon to Technology (6 answers total)
I think it's a knife switch - dual-pole, dual-throw (DPDT).
posted by exogenous at 1:59 PM on June 26, 2006

It's a "knife switch"
posted by Capn at 1:59 PM on June 26, 2006

That's a knife switch.
posted by mr_roboto at 2:00 PM on June 26, 2006

here's one Once you know the name, they're plenty google-able.
posted by Capn at 2:00 PM on June 26, 2006

Sweet Jebus, that was mighty fast -- many thanks!
posted by Symeon at 2:03 PM on June 26, 2006

You totally need a big knife switch like that, just so when someone shows you a little piddly knife switch, you can be all Crocodile Dundee, whip out that bad boy, and say, "That's not a noife switch, THIS is a noife switch!"
posted by kindall at 8:19 PM on June 26, 2006 [2 favorites]

« Older So many colors.... please help me choose!   |   1st Anniversary Ideas in NYC Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.