Spent my money, took my cab

Where can I find videos of the Jimmy the Cab Driver skits from MTV....specifically the one where he sings the beginning of 'Black Dog'?

MTV used to have short commercial skits with a character named Jimmy the Cab Driver. In one of them, when he thought something was cool he would bang on the dashboard of his cab and sing the opening riff to Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog”. A buddy of mine used to do this with me in parody. We’ve tried searching google, youtube and other places with no luck. The only ones we can find are the MoveOn spots and 'Jimmy runs the city'. Can anybody help us find this skit?
posted by MrToad to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

I have an MTV videotape with a bunch of shorts -- I'll try to check for you and see what's on there. I bought it for the Frank Sinatra impersonator skits (there are only one or two!), but I think Jimmy the Cab Driver is on there. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for though.
posted by theredpen at 1:00 PM on June 23, 2006

I have that same tape. I know it has some of those cab driver shorts on it, but I don't know about the Black Dog one specifically.

There's a copy going on ebay, too.
posted by Durhey at 1:10 PM on June 23, 2006

"I shall call you Roy! and together we will...ah man!"
posted by tfmm at 2:52 PM on June 23, 2006

Absolutely loved Jimmy. Watching this with interest.
posted by kookoobirdz at 3:22 PM on June 23, 2006

I want to note that the actor is Donal Logue from Blade, Steal This Movie and the sitcom Grounded for Life.

Just to get extra keywords in there for future searches.
posted by evil holiday magic at 4:38 PM on June 23, 2006

« Older What's the reasoning behind threatening to shoot...   |   How Does a Newbie Find Out About Wikis? Newer »