Destination Guides?
June 23, 2006 7:10 AM   Subscribe

I need travel websites that are specific to a single destination.

I'm trying to put together a list of websites that are about specific destinations. Whether they be tourism websites or blogs about a city or state. They can range from sites like Gawker or Gothamist to New York Magazine. Any help from anywhere in the world would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
posted by blim8183 to Travel & Transportation (6 answers total)

Las Vegas
posted by Steven C. Den Beste at 9:20 AM on June 23, 2006

DC
Not positive it's what you're looking for, though. If it is, see the top of the dcist page; they also have blogs for:
Paris | Philadelphia | São Paulo | San Francisco | Shanghai | Seattle | Toronto | Washington DC
posted by inigo2 at 9:26 AM on June 23, 2006

I'm retarded. I didn't realize Gothamist was related to DCist. But I guess that makes sense.... As I said, I'm not a very smart person.
posted by inigo2 at 9:28 AM on June 23, 2006

Sorry for the self-promotion, but I've written a number of budget oriented travel guides for specific destinations. Here's Portland, OR and the Mayan Riviera. I also have guides to the Olympic Peninsula, Victoria, BC, and Helena, MT but I've probably done enough self-linking. Good luck on your project.
posted by Staggering Jack at 10:29 AM on June 23, 2006

something like this? This company has developed beautiful websites about major travel destinations
posted by seawallrunner at 11:54 AM on June 23, 2006

This year's Webby winner for tourism: 100% pure New Zealand.
posted by rob511 at 5:17 PM on June 23, 2006

« Older Filming on a white background.   |   networking/windows server 2003 n00blet needs... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.