How many students will be enrolled at colleges and universities in the U.S. this year?

The U.S. census bureau only seems to have numbers up to 2004. Thanks in advance.
posted by fugitivefromchaingang to Education (6 answers total)

Here is a chart with data for 2005, and projections. I imagine no one really has hard numbers on 2006 enrollments until after school starts; before then, it's all gonna be estimates.

From the National Center for Education Statistics. There's a government office for everything.
posted by Brian James at 12:15 PM on June 21, 2006

The Census Bureau website will also have data. If only there were some way to search for the internet for simple factual information such as this.
posted by LarryC at 12:17 PM on June 21, 2006

What do you mean by "this year"? Because like Brian James said, there is probably only data for 2005, and government agencies are notoriously slow in getting data out.
posted by smackfu at 12:35 PM on June 21, 2006

Previously.
posted by ND¢ at 12:50 PM on June 21, 2006

me:

Next time try actually reading the full content of my question before posting.

Regarding the other answers: I am aware of these sources. However, none of them appear to actually have numbers for even 2005. Only up to 2004. I need the most up to date information possible. If 2004 is it, so be it, but I'm trying my luck.
posted by fugitivefromchaingang at 1:41 PM on June 21, 2006

For what it's worth, last fall's Almanac issue of the Chronicle of Higher Education, dated Sept. 23, 2005, had only projections for 2004 and later. Given that there over four thousand 2- and 4-year colleges and universities in the US, it's not surprising that it takes a couple of years to compile actual enrollment figures.
posted by brianogilvie at 8:48 AM on June 22, 2006

« Older How to restore XP system state?   |   Her Past is Weighing on Me Newer »