Does anybody recognize the song on this website?

Does anybody recognize the song in the flash intro on this website: www.americanprometheus.org? It's also a repeating loop in a song by Fort Minor, but I want to know the original title and composer.
posted by tnoetz01 to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

It is in a recent commercial too.... I think it actually comes from an Apple product, some music program it is a sample provided with it. Whether it was MADE for that I am not sure, but I THINK it might have been.
posted by weretable and the undead chairs at 12:21 AM on June 17, 2006

Garageband is the Apple product it is included with. But I found no definitive answer on whether or not that is it's origin. Gee, I wasn't so helpful.
posted by weretable and the undead chairs at 12:29 AM on June 17, 2006 [1 favorite]

I'm trying to find more information but could it something by Elliot Goldenthal?
posted by ceri richard at 1:07 AM on June 17, 2006

If all else fails you could contact the web designer.
posted by ceri richard at 1:11 AM on June 17, 2006

It is definitely one of the loops that ships with GarageBand -- it's called "Orchestra Strings 08". It was almost certainly created for the product, not sampled from elsewhere.
posted by jjg at 1:23 AM on June 17, 2006

« Older How can I go after my backstabbing business...   |   which movies are similar to "twelve angry men" ? Newer »