Caray's glasses
May 19, 2006 8:42 AM   Subscribe

Harry Caray's trademark oversized black glasses: Who makes them? Where can I get a pair?

posted by sharksandwich to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total)
Might be some help in this thread. And I read somewhere that they sell gag versions at the gift shop at Harry Caray's Restaurant in Chicago; unfortunately, they're not listed on the gift shop web site. If you can somehow find a pic in which you can read what's stamped on the arm there, that might make searching a little easier.
posted by milquetoast at 10:01 AM on May 19, 2006

Heh...I just realized that you were the one that asked that question. Sorry.
posted by milquetoast at 10:02 AM on May 19, 2006

Are these close? I searched for "thick black glasses" on eBay. Those are (new) reproductions but they also have used 'authentic' ones, too.
posted by ducksauce at 11:02 AM on May 19, 2006

Oh, nevermind, I guess those aren't even close. I never realized that he wore such unusual glasses. Now I'm really interested!
posted by ducksauce at 11:08 AM on May 19, 2006

You could try here.
posted by fire&wings at 11:17 AM on May 19, 2006

They look like they might be military issue BCGs (birth control glasses.) You could try military surplus.
posted by Zed_Lopez at 11:32 AM on May 19, 2006

I used to see frames like that at crazy expensive eyeglass places in NYC. Apparently, they are a favorite with elderly fashonistas.
posted by astruc at 1:03 PM on May 19, 2006

They are much too stylish to be BCGs. I think they're awesome.
posted by bingo at 12:08 AM on May 20, 2006

« Older Should I play with my TS1000?   |   How do I stick to things? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.