Where to play DDR around Seattle, WA

The D&Bs nearby don't have Dance Dance Revolution, but are there other arcades in or around Seattle, WA that do?
posted by They sucked his brains out! to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It's apparently pretty hard to find a classic DDR rig in Seattle. I know a local software company whose manager refurbished a water-damaged one he found on Craigslist (by himself, on weekends) as a "ship gift" for his team. But obviously it's not available to the public. Other than that one I haven't seen a DDR in a public place in years.

THAT SAID, a local Yelp search in the Seattle area for "Dance Dance Revolution" turns up a handful of mentions. I'd call around to the establishments mentioned and see if they still have them out.
posted by potrzebie at 12:10 PM on July 8

Somebody wrote a DDR Finder app, though it seems to backend to that zenius-i-vanisher site. Looks like Gameworks is the best bet. There is also apparently a discord for DDR scenesters if you want to ask.
posted by credulous at 3:43 PM on July 8

Response by poster: Gameworks went under.
posted by They sucked his brains out! at 4:25 PM on July 8

Gameworks went under.

The Seattle location has been back for well over a year now.
posted by not just everyday big moggies at 4:51 PM on July 8

Response by poster: That's great to hear!
posted by They sucked his brains out! at 5:01 PM on July 8

I saw one at Round1 in Tukwilla, but it was a few years ago.
posted by The corpse in the library at 8:24 PM on July 8

« Older Are stickers likely to be full of PFAS?   |   Help me see behind me better! Newer »