Help me find this contemporary dance video

Some time ago I saw a contemporary dance video of three women, probably as an Instagram reel, and I'd like to watch it again. It was professionally shot and choreographed in a dance studio with a static wide angle, set to a sixties folk-rock tune, but I can't remember any more details. Help!

I can't remember which song it was but it was something like Dylan's I Want You, or Harry Nilsson's Everybody's Talkin', or Simon and Garfunkel's Homeward Bound. I'm pretty sure it wasn't any of those, but they're the right vibe.

The three dancers were in a line, moving across the studio, each taking a moment in the centre to lead. They weren't performing the same choreo in sync. I don't have a lot of technical dance terminology but Marie-Louise Hertog's stuff makes me think of it. It was expressive and curious. The dancers were white women in their mid-twenties, dressed casually. Thanks for your help!
posted by spielzebub to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: Maybe it was Dylan's I Want You after all? Could it have been this one from Lucy Vallely and friends?
posted by hessie at 7:58 AM on May 13 [2 favorites]

Response by poster: Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure this must be it - I remember a few of these sequences very clearly, even though I thought the video I watched was a single shot in a studio. Either way, this has scratched the itch in my brain.
posted by spielzebub at 10:41 AM on May 13 [1 favorite]

Hi, although I know nothing about contemporary dance, I saw a documentary film in England 30 years ago that sounds like it could be what you saw. The piece was called “A Field of Grass” from the US-based Paul Taylor Dance Company. The music was from Nilsson (The Lord must be in New York City). I can only find a modern version (also by the Paul Taylor Dance company - search “Paul Taylor Field of Grass” on YouTube) although they also have their own YouTube channel. Good Luck
posted by ricardo13 at 4:35 AM on May 14

« Older places to live in SF/Oakland/Berkeley that feel...   |   8 day Norway itinerary in August Newer »