East Hollywood

How is life these days living in East Hollywood? Purposely keeping this wide open to get the widest range of responses. But thinking about safety, vibes, feel on the street, good places to eat and hang out, etc.
posted by ojocaliente to Society & Culture (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I lived on Normandie for a year in the late aughts, when rent on a studio apartment was dirt cheap. Access to Los Feliz and Hollywood proper, Griffith Park, Thai food. Easy enough commute to USC when I was going there. I also remember some pretty chaotic neighbors (loud music, a guy who was violent to his wife) and way too much dog poop on the sidewalks. Generally safe though. My building had bedbugs, but that was during a big resurgence of bedbugs in big cities.
posted by mirepoix at 7:25 AM on May 13 [1 favorite]

« Older "Talky" sitcoms that you can listen to without...   |   Resources or support for lifelong monogamist... Newer »