Help me find an old New Yorker cartoon

A cartoon in the 1980s or 90s depicted a brick and was captioned something like "thousands of works of art, music, etc. compressed into a 3x4x5 inch brick". It might be by Mick Stevens. (I was reminded of it by the new ad for the iPad showing works of art and musical instruments in a hydraulic press.)
posted by neuron to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Here's everything the New Yorker's Cartoon Bank has under the subject "brick". Didn't see your cartoon there.
posted by DanSachs at 10:23 AM on May 9

Response by poster: Yeah, I started there.
posted by neuron at 11:30 AM on May 9

The style of humor, time frame, and New Yorker connection put me in the mind of B. Kliban, though a quick search for kliban brick didn’t bring anything up. There’s a GoComics archive, but it doesn’t seem to be searchable.
posted by ejs at 4:10 AM on May 10

« Older NHS vs CDC, why are the adult vaccination recs so...   |   Summer/beach outfit, but classy (for wedding) Newer »