Looking for an anime soccer cartoon

In the 90's I saw an anime tv show on turkish television about a soccer team. I simply cannot remember the name of it. It was something from Asia - maybe Japan or Korea? I don't really remember.

I remember that the main protagonist was very tall and he had a rich uncle or a rich grandfather. The goalkeeper was a very broadshoulderen person with long yellow hair. Another character was a guy who had semi-short hair and when they were out jogging, he had a bag around his neck carrying footballs. He was always complaining about stuff. For some reason, I don't know if I remember it correctly, the football club was placed near the beach.

A particular scene I remember, was when 3 people were running towards the goalkeeper and they were kicking the football between them. This confused the goalkeeper and the ball hit the net.
posted by madcow20 to Media & Arts (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Captain Tsubasa (translated as Oliver and Benji in some markets)?
posted by nanny's striped stocking at 2:32 AM on April 14

Response by poster: No, it's not 'Captain Tsubasa'. The goalkeeper and the setting is not the same. But thanks for your input anyway :)
posted by madcow20 at 4:06 AM on April 14

Some 90's soccer

moreo top striker (First guess)

Soccer Fever

Aoki Densetsu Shoot
posted by Jacen at 6:28 AM on April 14

Response by poster: Sadly it is none of those but thank you though.
posted by madcow20 at 7:51 AM on April 14

Any chance it’s Hurricanes?
posted by AAAA at 1:45 PM on April 14 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: No, it is not Hurricanes either. Thanks anyway.
posted by madcow20 at 4:15 AM on April 16

Best answer: Ashita e Free Kick
posted by Dimes at 11:26 AM on April 16

r/anime is actually pretty good for this sort of thing. you can ask in the daily thread https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1c6zji0/anime_questions_recommendations_and_discussion/
posted by damedeshou at 9:07 PM on April 18

Response by poster: It is Ashita e Free Kick.

Thank you so much Dimes! :)
posted by madcow20 at 3:40 AM on April 22

« Older Numbers seeking function   |   men's sweatpants/joggers with no drawstring Newer »