Recommend an immigration lawyer in Lisbon or Porto

For reasons, while we’re vacationing in Portugal soon we’d like to meet a lawyer to discuss visa options for American retirees. But search engines only turn up agencies and referral sites and I have low trust in them. Can you recommend a specific firm or attorney? Or should I try to get an appointment with the relevant government department?
posted by anonymous to Law & Government (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

We’ve used https://crs-advogados.com/.
posted by lucasks at 3:20 AM on February 12 [1 favorite]

A few times here in Mexico I’ve made use of the U.S. Consulate’s list of local professionals. It’s worked out well so far.

Lisbon Consulate District Attorney List (PDF)
posted by Tell Me No Lies at 6:08 AM on February 12 [1 favorite]

They're a large firm, but Abreu Advogados does good work in the areas I've used them for, and they have an immigration practice (on Preview, I see Abreu is on the consular list linked above).

If you want to go high-end, there's always Henley & Partners but be prepared to pay a lot.

If none of the firms being linked thus far work out for you, I can see if a friend of mine will give me a referral to his Portuguese lawyer, who is presently handling his immigration paperwork (he's on vacation, so it'll take me a while to get in touch).
posted by aramaic at 2:57 PM on February 12

« Older Childhood trauma specifically from lonliness and...   |   Looking for a medical education article on... Newer »