Glasses/contact lenses to borrow in Port Townsend, WA (-1.0 to -1.5)

My partner forgot glasses and contact lenses and is supposed to drive home from Port Townsend (Washington State) today! Anyone in the area have an extra pair of disposable contact lenses she could have? Or glasses she could borrow (and then we'd mail them back)? I believe she has -1.0 in the right eye and -1.5 in the left but probably anything close could help. Thanks.
posted by imelcapitan to Travel & Transportation around Port Townsend, WA (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Target Optical gives me disposable pairs of different brands of contacts to try out when I get me eyes checked there. Might be worth calling if there’s one nearby and seeing if they can give you a pair.
posted by jabes at 9:18 AM on November 24, 2023

Any drugstore will have cheaters/reading glasses fairly cheap that would come close to that.
posted by shiny blue object at 10:59 AM on November 24, 2023

Reading glasses have positive diopters (for far-sightedness), so drugstores won't have any that match the needed glasses.
posted by ShooBoo at 11:29 AM on November 24, 2023 [2 favorites]

There are swim/sports goggles that have "prescription" lenses without requiring a prescription.

Whether or not these types of goggles are carried in brick and mortar stores... I don't know.
posted by oceano at 1:37 PM on November 24, 2023 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Thank you! She made it home.
posted by imelcapitan at 8:00 PM on November 24, 2023

« Older Stick vacuum that works for cat hair in carpet?...   |   Colorblind Canadian Painter Newer »