Where to stay in Puerto Vallarta

Going to PV with a friend in feb. We are middle aged single women. Where should wr stay?

Any recommendations for lovely adult only accommodations in PV? We want beach access (fine w Uber or Didi to get there), a pool could be nice, walk/bus/Uber to oldtown preferable. Good food or proximity to it and very relaxing atmosphere, I know it's a tourist area but not too touristy.
posted by bookworm4125 to Travel & Transportation around Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (2 answers total)

I had a great stay at the La Palapa condos. You're on los muertos beach, above a restaurant, and close to a lot. I didn't go through VRBO, but here's a condo in the same building: https://www.vrbo.com/997616
posted by tacopasta at 10:26 AM on October 29, 2023 [1 favorite]

Pricy, but I had a wonderful time at Marival Distinct. It's in "Nuevo Vallarta" so functionally a 10 minute cab ride from the city of Puerto Vallarta.

I went with my partner and teenaged daughter. We were looking for a nice, quiet, all-inclusive resort -- not a nightclub atmosphere. This place had many families vacationing together and was fairly quiet. Good quality onsite dining with the all inclusive booking, and you can also eat at the neighboring Marival resort that is slightly lower end and has more of a party vibe.

So it is not adult only, but it is quiet. Have a great trip!
posted by rachelpapers at 12:30 PM on October 30, 2023

« Older How do I keep on top of my allotment in the second...   |   Seeking reassurance/tips on tension, bloatedness... Newer »