Best stats package for windows servers?

What is the best webstats package for a windows server?
posted by banished to Technology (5 answers total)

If you're looking for something free, awStats is great on Windows if you install ActivePerl and you're using apache... it might even work with IIS, I haven't checked...
posted by killdevil at 7:42 PM on May 2, 2006

awStats does work with IIS, you just have to jump through some hoops to get the log format into the correct format. Instructions are included with the package.
posted by tumble at 8:56 PM on May 2, 2006

You mean free I assume? I mean, WebTrends is awesome, as is WebSideStory, but they cost $$$.

You can get the intro version of ClickTracks, ClickTracks Appetizer, which is free as in beer. It's a log analyzer, so you won't need to instrument your pages.

And Google Analytics is free, but it's based on page tags, so you'll have to put a little javascript at the bottom of every page. Though I don't know if they're allowing new signups at the moment.
posted by GuyZero at 6:17 AM on May 3, 2006

Google also has a stand-alone software version of Analytics, called Urchin. It is at least as capable as WebTrends, highly configurable, and significantly cheaper. They were supposed to come out with a new version in March, but it's been delayed...
posted by tuxster at 7:29 AM on May 3, 2006

Cost is not necessarily a concern. I did sign up for Google Analytics, but haven't heard anything yet. I like the idea of not having to put javascript on every page though.
posted by banished at 8:21 AM on May 3, 2006

« Older Good endocrinologists in downtown Chicago?   |   Going to Saratoga - what to do? Newer »