What program can I use to do a joint video/screenrecording for TikTok?

There is a genre of TikTok videos where it's half video of a person and half screen recording of their computer screen. Like these. How do I do this? What programs can be used (Mac or iPhone) and what is the process to combine them? Thanks!
posted by andoatnp to Technology (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

They were composited live using something like OBS or edited together afterwards with an video editor.
posted by kschang at 11:55 AM on June 5, 2023

Let me clarify the video editor part. I use Davinci Resolve, but process should be almost the same with Adobe Premiere or any other editor.

Make two copies of the video track, align them together as Video 1 and Video 2.

For video 1, crop the video down to just the face/reaction shot, and transform/displace it to the top 1/3 or 1/2 of screen.

For video 2, do the same, except your keeping the screenshot, center as needed to keep the vertical format on the action, and put it in the lower 1/2 or 2/3.

Test and add a cross bar as needed.

Test and add captions as needed.

Render to Tiktok/YTShorts, and upload.
posted by kschang at 11:53 AM on June 7, 2023

« Older Android app for QR code restaurant menus without...   |   Recommendation for fostering a trustworthy inner... Newer »