Installation intro, not really an intro, but needing a short name.

What should the first tab for online product installation instructions be named, if that tab presents an intro solely to the instructions, but is not an intro to the overall product demo? Therefore the word "intro" cannot be used.

The word Intro cannot be used, because it is already being used as a "main menu" option in this product demonstration.

The main menu option in question is the Installation Guide, where the first tab gives an introduction to installation, but the second tab is actually step one.

Presently, the first tab, i.e. the intro, is numbered #1, then the second tab, step one is numbered #2, which may confuse people.

The word I'm looking for has to be short and concise, since it is part of a sub-menu bar, with 4 numbers (1-4) next to it as the four installation steps. I hope I explained this properly!
posted by Blue Buddha to Computers & Internet (10 answers total)

foreword, like in books.
posted by pmbuko at 7:03 AM on April 28, 2006

Not "Guide"?
posted by theredpen at 7:04 AM on April 28, 2006

or simply, about.
posted by pmbuko at 7:05 AM on April 28, 2006

How about "QuickStart" or "ReadMe"? You want people to hit this tab first, right?
posted by hangashore at 7:14 AM on April 28, 2006

"Start"? "Setup"? not that you wouldn't have thought of these.
posted by theredpen at 7:18 AM on April 28, 2006

HowTo?
Begin?

I like hangashore's suggestions.
posted by misanthropicsarah at 7:21 AM on April 28, 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, all!
posted by Blue Buddha at 7:34 AM on April 28, 2006

"Before you begin"
posted by masymas at 10:07 AM on April 28, 2006

READ ME FIRST
posted by Artful Codger at 3:10 PM on April 28, 2006

Overview?
posted by edjusted at 5:46 PM on May 5, 2006

« Older Where can I find this Mayor Frank Rizzo quote?   |   I am a visitor in my own city. Newer »