Any private space for a call Friday morning in East Midtown Manhattan?

I need to have a semi-private telephone conversation on Friday at 10AM within 15 or 20 minutes of 333 E 38th St. Manhattan, 10016. Any ideas of a library, working space, almost empty restaurant/cafe, or some other option where I can have private/secluded space?
posted by andoatnp to Society & Culture (8 answers total)

If you're willing to spend some money, you could get an office space by the hour through Breather. I did this once when I was taking a job interview during working hours.
posted by greta simone at 11:59 AM on March 1, 2023 [1 favorite]

The Westgate at 304 E 42nd St has a lounge area which might be worth checking out. It's a boutique hotel and pretty far east so unlikely to be busy with tourists. The lounge has chairs that seem to be designed for private conversation with sort of canopy hoods.

I stayed there a few years ago (when it was a Hilton) and I barely saw another soul, and that was in May, so a snowy March morning will probably be even quieter.
posted by essexjan at 12:16 PM on March 1, 2023 [1 favorite]

I just checked availability at the Westgate and they have loads of empty rooms this week - and it's not a huge hotel - so the odds of it being pretty uiet are pretty good.
posted by essexjan at 12:39 PM on March 1, 2023

WeWork lets you rent a meeting room on demand and has locations nearby.
posted by pinochiette at 12:53 PM on March 1, 2023

the empire hotel on w 63 rd near Lincoln center has couches and chairs on the mezzanine
posted by brujita at 3:03 PM on March 1, 2023

Huh.. I literally worked at that same building 5 years ago when NYP had some IT offices there (pretty sure they all moved out by now).... I'll second the Westgate if you're not willing to pay for a WeWork.
posted by niteHawk at 7:22 PM on March 1, 2023

Would outdoors be an option? You'd be in the vicinity of Bryant Park.
posted by Artifice_Eternity at 9:27 AM on March 2, 2023

Response by poster: Would outdoors be an option? You'd be in the vicinity of Bryant Park.

Depends on the weather.
posted by andoatnp at 11:29 AM on March 2, 2023

« Older How to interpret Mexican car rental insurance...   |   rental edition textbook - to ebay or not to ebay? Newer »