Where and how to find more assistant TV/film editing work?

My husband works as an assistant editor in film and TV. He's mostly freelance, based in NYC, and able to work remotely. He's noticed a significant decrease in posted jobs over the past year. Landing a gig has also gotten more competitive. His usual sources are his local network, Facebook groups for editors, and StaffMeUp. He is looking into joining the union, but he's a little early in his career to be eligible. Are there other places where he should be looking for work or networking?
posted by rhythm and booze to Work & Money (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Response by poster: Wow, my first AskMe question with 0 answers!

In case anyone was curious, the market started moving again around April and he found a good gig (actually a step up! lead assistant editor!) through StaffMeUp.
posted by rhythm and booze at 7:19 AM on May 19, 2023

« Older Examples of gentrifier organizations with...   |   I'm in the mood for non-fiction Newer »