Seattle minigolf?

Mini-Golf filter: Best in the Seattle area?

About a dozen friends (adults) going for a two day mini-golf roadtrip to the Seattle area (from Canada), can anyone recommend good courses?
posted by Cosine to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (10 answers total)

Definitely /not/ the Seattle Center, that's for sure. You may stop by the 9-holer if you're completionists (or if you're checking out the Experience Music Project, which you should -- it's cool), but you'll be sorely dissapointed at the quality of the course.
posted by rossination at 11:57 PM on April 18, 2006

Thanks, which one is Seattle Centre?
posted by Cosine at 12:04 AM on April 19, 2006

Seattle Center is the area where the space needle/EMP/pacific science center is. They have an amusement park there as well.

There really isn't a good answer to this, although if I'm mistaken I'd love to hear what the answer is. One thing I've commented on to friends in the past (coming from the east coast as I do- some good ones where I grew up, and when we vacationed a couple of years in a row in Myrtle Beach, SC we were amazed at the impressiveness of the mini-golf courses there) is the surprising lack of any good mini-golf courses in the Seattle area. There is an amusement place down south, not in Seattle proper (has a Bullwinkle theme, might be called Bullwinkle's or something) that has a mediocre but barely passable course. But in the Seattle city limits I don't know of any good ones- land is way to valuable to spend on a mini-golf course!
posted by hincandenza at 12:16 AM on April 19, 2006

Yep- that's the one I was thinking of, the "Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant" in Tukwila- so a good drive from Seattle. But be warned: if you're a mini-golf afficionado, the local courses including this one will leave you underwhelmed...
posted by hincandenza at 12:22 AM on April 19, 2006

There's one in the city at the Interbay Golf Course. Unfortunately it's one of those "natural" type of courses so there's no windmills or Eiffel Towers and such. Seattle is definitely not a mini golf destination. The tiny town I grew up in in Missouri has more than Seattle.

More car washes too, but I digress.
posted by sevenless at 12:31 AM on April 19, 2006

There's a nine-hole course at Illusionz over in Issaquah, but it's crap if I recall correctly.
posted by Danelope at 6:59 AM on April 19, 2006

It's worth mentioning that in the 80s, the minigolf at the Seattle Center was epic... awesome... perfect.

What they've done to it is nothing short of criminal.
posted by ImJustRick at 9:39 AM on April 19, 2006

I like the Interbay course (they also don't mind if you drink on the links).

There's also the Rainbow Run course over in Redmond as part of the Willows complex.
posted by noahv at 9:58 AM on April 19, 2006

The course at Riverbend in Kent is pretty fun.
posted by Mike C. at 7:33 PM on April 19, 2006

ummm... lol, that google link doesnt match anything...
posted by Cosine at 8:46 AM on April 20, 2006

« Older How do I share a newsletter online securely in PDF...   |   Bank holiday entitlement... Newer »