give me the finger, sleeve
April 11, 2006 7:43 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find an elastic finger bandage/support/sleeve?

A guy I play basketball with has one that he found while travelling. I haven't seen them anywhere. I can't even find a picture of one, but it has two sleeves (for two fingers) so if you held it sideways it'd be an 8 or an ∞. The idea is that you don't have to use sports tape, which gets slipperier the longer you play. And it bends, unlike tape. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
posted by hellbient to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
Like these? Never seen them in real life, though.
posted by redheadeb at 8:10 PM on April 11, 2006

Yeah, that's the idea, although those look like they might be kinda bulky for basketball. It's hard to tell. Also, I think the one he had only covered just part of the finger instead of the whole thing. I didn't get to really study it though.
posted by hellbient at 8:30 PM on April 11, 2006

It sounds like you want a pre-made version of the "buddy-taping" that trainers do. When a player has an injured finger, the trainer might tape a healthy finger to it to serve as a kind of splint.
Try asking Google for buddy finger splints.
posted by Cranberry at 11:46 PM on April 11, 2006

I got something similar from a large drugstore many years ago.
posted by fshgrl at 11:57 PM on April 11, 2006

« Older Why won't my web pages load on the first try?   |   Powder coat paint repair? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.