Kevin Smith meeting his wife ... in comic book form?

KevinSmithFilter: I remember Kevin Smith releasing, in illustrated comic book form, a recounting of how he met, dated, and married his wife. I've heard the story through An Evening with Kevin Smith and remember seeing this comic book. It may have been released by a third party, and not Smith. One way or the other, I can't find that through my Google-fu. (I know, it sounds strange, but it really was rather sweet.) Can anyone assist me in locating it?
posted by WCityMike to Media & Arts (11 answers total)

I should clarify, I'm fairly sure this was never actually released as a real comic book. It was paneled as a comic book (I'm fairly sure it was in black and white), but I get the feeling it was an insert to something. To what, I don't know. But if you have links to GIF or JPG files, I'd be appreciative. ;-)
posted by WCityMike at 7:59 PM on April 10, 2006

The original piece, edited by Marvel Comics EIC Joe Quesada, was published in The New York Times Magazine and can be read on Smith's own site.
posted by beaucoupkevin at 7:59 PM on April 10, 2006

Bingo. Much obliged, Beaucoup Kevin. :)

Actually, wait a minute ... Kevin?

:)
posted by WCityMike at 8:00 PM on April 10, 2006

Seriously, man, though, thanks ... that was like about five seconds from question to answer. :)
posted by WCityMike at 8:04 PM on April 10, 2006

that was like about five seconds from question to answer. :)

Behold the power of the hive mind.
posted by SenshiNeko at 8:31 PM on April 10, 2006

And no, I'm this Kevin, not the one who overwrote Daredevil and was repeatedly very, very late with scripts. ;)
posted by beaucoupkevin at 8:57 PM on April 10, 2006

Self link! Self link!

Even more touching is Kevin's recent story about how he boned her on their first date.
posted by antifuse at 2:28 AM on April 11, 2006

So, let's just say that the comic ends a bit early :)
posted by antifuse at 2:33 AM on April 11, 2006

If we're talking about Kevin Smith, his wife Jennifer, and mild public spectacle related to their relationship, you can't forget the picture he shot of her for Playboy's recent anniversary edition.
posted by blueshammer at 4:43 AM on April 11, 2006

Man, he's a classy fellow.
posted by beaucoupkevin at 6:08 AM on April 11, 2006

Kevin actually is often a classy guy in the ways that count, but anyone who has watched the Jersey Trilogy really wouldn't expect for a second for him to be restrained about sexual matters. :)

Much obliged again.
posted by WCityMike at 9:26 AM on April 11, 2006

« Older You spin me right round baby, right round.   |   Airport Disconnects Newer »