What do you call this latch?
January 14, 2022 6:30 AM   Subscribe

On kitchen cabinets, but also on small electronic equipment or little toolboxes you will find a latch that you push to open. You press, it depresses and then springs back into the open position. To close it you press it again, and you feel it latch.

For cabinets and so forth it seems to be called a magnetic touch latch, but what's the little bitty version called and where can I get them.
posted by J.R. Hartley to Technology (3 answers total)
I've always known it as a spring catch. McMaster Carr has a whole section of various types that might suit your uses.
posted by mollymayhem at 6:34 AM on January 14 [2 favorites]

Oh, I wish I could find that video I once saw of someone making and explaining how those things work on the inside. They're really cool on the inside.
posted by zengargoyle at 8:46 AM on January 14

Found it: This Old Tony explains the PUSH LATCH Mechanisms (DIY!) - YouTube
posted by zengargoyle at 8:57 AM on January 14 [5 favorites]

« Older Stuck in the middle   |   Help me not pass out on the treadmill! Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments