Need help finding full text of a journal article

How might a person find the full-text version of this journal article: "Videogames in Computer Space: The Complex History of Pong" by Henry Lowood? It's from the IEEE Annals of the History of Computing. Jul-Sep2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3.

I have so many resources from my library for retrieving journal articles, but all I seem to be able to pull is the abstract. Our kid needs it for a research project and I want to help, but am loathe to pay IEEE thritysomething bucks for it.
posted by DirtyOldTown to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: Here's he PDF.

I found it through scholar.google.com, which is better than the standard web search at getting papers.
posted by mark k at 10:14 AM on November 26, 2021 [4 favorites]

Response by poster: Boom! Thank you!
posted by DirtyOldTown at 10:25 AM on November 26, 2021

Glad you got it. If you have this need in the future, there's a helpful tool called Unpaywall that keeps track of when a free version of an article is available, I've found it useful many times!
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:28 AM on November 26, 2021 [3 favorites]

You can often also email one of the authors of a paper to get a copy.
posted by col_pogo at 2:07 PM on November 26, 2021

There's a page on the wiki for finding the "full text of non-open-access academic articles". Perhaps Unpaywall should be added there; I'm reading about it.
posted by Pronoiac at 10:54 AM on November 27, 2021 [2 favorites]

« Older Hock lock in stock! Toxic?   |   I Don't Know If I'm Imagining Things, Or If This... Newer »