Where to buy men's jeans in San Francisco?

Where is a good place to shop for men's jeans in San Francisco?

Vacationing in S.F. during the next week, and have some time to shop for new jeans. No specific criteria concerning the jeans - so I'd like to know about any place that is either cheap, high quality, large selection, or particularly interesting for any reason. As I'll be on vacation, ideally the jeans shop will be in an interesting neighborhood.
posted by davidvan to Travel & Transportation around San Francisco, CA (8 answers total)

American Rag on Van Ness
posted by matteo at 5:18 AM on April 7, 2006

I went to the Levi's Store on vacation there last September. Had a good selection of sizes and decent prices.
posted by yerfatma at 6:08 AM on April 7, 2006

Best answer: The Blue Jeans Bar

AB Fits

The usual suspects like NM, Nordstrom's, Zara, Miss Sixty, Diesel, Ben Sherman, etc. are in Union Square along with a decent selection of boutiques. There's a Bloomingdale's in the south bay by Stanford.
posted by kcm at 8:16 AM on April 7, 2006

Best answer: There's a Diesel on Castro and Market in the Castro.
Nomads on Hayes in Hayes Valley.
Villains-Vault on Haight in the Upper Haight.

(I paid most close attention to the "interesting neighborhood" portion of the question - as Union Sq isn't where I'd want to spend my holiday.)
posted by birdie birdington at 8:36 AM on April 7, 2006

Best answer: That Saturday flea market in the Mission. The guy isn't there every week, but is worth seeking out -- his stock fits my requirements (black Levis in my size, broken in but not worn out, $10).
posted by Rash at 8:56 AM on April 7, 2006

Not in a particularly interesting neighbourhood but the Ross (in SoMa) has a large selection of cheap, high quality jeans.
posted by kechi at 10:19 AM on April 7, 2006

What birdie said. If you want a large selection of jeans from boutiques and department stores, Union Square's your choice, but it's not very exciting...

That being said, the Muni can get you across the city in fifteen minutes, so why don't you buy the jeans you want to buy and then go do other interesting things in the interesting neighborhoods?
posted by symphonik at 10:31 AM on April 7, 2006

Response by poster: thanks! Blue Jeans bar and AB fits seem to be what I'm looking for. May check out Nomads in Hayes Valley as well when I'm in that neighborhood.
posted by davidvan at 9:43 AM on April 8, 2006

« Older Smallest Webhosting Requirements Ever.   |   Protestant/Puritan Work Ethic - Where did it come... Newer »