Field recording album of audio animatronics from weird old theme parks?

Back in the 90s I worked at an independent record store, and we'd occasionally play a CD that was full of these field recordings of these odd, crackly prerecorded audio tracks that would accompany rides or amusements at small, regional theme parks in the US. (Like something Troy McClure would have voiced in The Simpsons). Google can't help me track it down. What was this album?
posted by Text TK to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: I bet it was Sounds for Little Ones
posted by unknowncommand at 8:58 AM on November 9, 2021 [7 favorites]

More info: "Field recordings of 25¢ kiddie rides, ice cream trucks and the best of Children's Fairyland. Tracks 1, 3, 5, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 26, 29 and 30 recorded at Children's Fairyland (Oakland, CA) on the shores of beautiful Lake Merritt. All ice cream trucks and 25¢ kiddie rides recorded in and around Los Angeles, CA."
posted by unknowncommand at 8:59 AM on November 9, 2021 [3 favorites]

Response by poster: Yes! Thanks! That's almost definitely it. Appreciate the liner info too. I love Fairyland and hadn't made the connection.
posted by Text TK at 9:24 AM on November 9, 2021

« Older Oh, rats   |   A tiny circle of missing hair on forhead? Newer »