loooong tank
October 13, 2021 11:19 AM   Subscribe

So I accidentally have some work pants that are a bit too tight-looking. I need loooong tank tops to cover everything. I saw a similar question but it was not specifically asking about long tanks. Any in-stock favorites? Thanks!
posted by bookworm4125 to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (12 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I wear tank tops under almost every top I own. Target used to have a perfect line of tanks for layering called Mossimo Long & Lean which they discontinued a few years ago and I have not known wardrobe peace since. Looking at their site now, they have a couple of options that might be worth taking a flier at the price, but it's unclear, especially on that second link, how long they run and where they hit on the hips. People on Reddit are lukewarm on the consistency.

The best substitutes I've found to date are the Favorite Tank Tops at Gap Factory, which are below the hip length to begin with and also come in tall. They have a ribbed version that is a little less stretchy (and therefore holds shape better) but a bit shorter in length - though they do also come in tall, which depending on your height might make them work.
posted by superfluousm at 11:34 AM on October 13 [1 favorite]

Duluth's No Yank Tank? I don't own any but here's a review of it.
posted by jabes at 11:39 AM on October 13 [2 favorites]

I would look at men's tall tank tops.
posted by amtho at 11:44 AM on October 13

I don't know if these are still in stock, but I will continue to wear my Target Liz Lange maternity tank tops for as long as the fabric will stand up to washing. (For what it's worth, my youngest child is six, and they are still going strong.) As far as I can tell, they are simply regular racerback tank tops, just very long.
posted by hessie at 11:47 AM on October 13 [1 favorite]

I learned to take my husband's tall tank tops, because the women's won't stay tucked in. I still buy them, the color selections are narrower than the tanks marketed to women but i mostly wany neutrals anyway.
posted by buildmyworld at 12:18 PM on October 13

My wife loves Duluth's No Yank Tanks - hmmm, we have to get some more.
posted by rozcakj at 1:17 PM on October 13

Old Navy's First Layer tanks are longer than other tanks I own.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 1:56 PM on October 13 [1 favorite]

torrid's "foxy cami" are 30-34" long which i love.
posted by misanthropicsarah at 2:04 PM on October 13

Old Navy has a line of tunic cami's as well that I own about a bazillion of. They're cheap and dont last long, but the are really long, especially if you buy them in the long size (vs regular or petite) . This is the canadian link (sorry).
posted by cgg at 2:29 PM on October 13

Wow, Old Navy does have the "long tank" market covered. I wear the "high neck luxe swing tank" all the time. Quality is indeed kind of poor (pilling) but the fit is great over pants where you need to cover your butt.
posted by athirstforsalt at 6:30 PM on October 13 [1 favorite]

My absolute favorite long tank is the foundation tank from Universal Standard! So wonderfully, perfectly looooong.
posted by fairlynearlyready at 12:03 AM on October 14

Response by poster: @fairlynearlyready I see tanks as well as dresses and shirts titled "foundation" but not actual foundation tanks on the universal standard site. Can you advise as to if any of the tanks on the site are the right ones? Thanks!
posted by bookworm4125 at 12:38 PM on October 14

« Older Saving time on house maintenance   |   My lower back/sides gave out yesterday, still... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments