Dear Humans: I'm Looking for Structured, Straight-info Podcasts

I'm trying to build up a little collection of podcasts that are focused on relaying data or information in a structured format. Examples found so far include Glenn Hauser's World of Radio and Amateur Radio Newsline (though the former is preferred because it's a bit gentler on the ears, and I will be napping to this stuff). Non-podcast examples: NOAA weather radio, BBC Radio 4 shipping forecast. Any data is OK! Just not as much banter, opinion, wit. Thanks for any suggestions.
posted by circular to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: I have been a fan off the brain science podcast, with dr ginger campbell, since it first aired in the mid 2000s. Definitely no banter.
posted by elgee at 6:08 AM on August 25, 2021 [2 favorites]

Best answer: Not quite sure if it fits the bill exactly, but Drachinifel's naval history on YouTube is both well-researched and very interesting, but also dry enough that I can fall asleep listening to it, as white noise.
posted by Alterscape at 6:52 AM on August 25, 2021 [1 favorite]

« Older Is the concern over vegetarians getting enough...   |   Travel in Switzerland in September? Newer »