Looking for a piece of weird fiction

Years and years ago I encountered a piece of weird fiction on the Blue. It was a blog by a researcher investigating a strange land. It was very Annihilation-esque, but it was a different story, written as an online blog. Other plot points I remember: human-bird hybrid skulls, the strange land expanding in leaps and bounds, the story ending in a set of creepy underground caverns.

It's also none of the works listed in this question.
posted by Zarkonnen to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

Is it The Sick Land?
posted by Occula at 8:43 AM on August 19, 2021 [2 favorites]

I also came here to suggest Sick Land (previously).
posted by Earthtopus at 8:44 AM on August 19, 2021 [1 favorite]

Best answer: I think I borked up the link in my eagerness. http://thesickland.blogspot.com/2013/03/last-day.html
posted by Occula at 8:52 AM on August 19, 2021 [2 favorites]

Hoo, Sick Land. That gave me nightmares for a fair while.
posted by Kreiger at 9:42 AM on August 19, 2021

I'm so excited for this! I remembered this story but couldn't remember what it was called and have been trying to google for it for years! I really liked The Sick Land. Not perfect, but when it works, it's really strong.
posted by MythMaker at 9:46 AM on August 19, 2021 [1 favorite]

Now I'm rereading the whole thing again!
posted by Occula at 8:34 AM on August 20, 2021

« Older Still good reviews for eShakti.com?   |   New dress code, new shoes! Newer »