Replacement Legs for Bed Frame - Lots of Lift Edition
August 17, 2021 7:25 AM   Subscribe

My bed frame needs to be about 8 inches off the ground so it doesn’t block the vent. It’s a basic metal bed frame with hollow plastic legs that fit like a sleeve (not threaded). Where can I get replacement legs significantly longer than the standard 3-ish inches? Do they exist?

I would rather not use risers because I think replacement legs will be more stable. It’s a Queen-size bed, includes the box spring, and will be going on a wood floor. I’m in the US.
posted by rue72 to Shopping (6 answers total)
Four breezeblocks?
posted by pompomtom at 7:39 AM on August 17 [1 favorite]

Black plastic plumbing pipe, cut to the length of your choice. I know someone who used this method.
posted by heatherlogan at 8:00 AM on August 17 [2 favorites]

You can get new legs at Ikea, and sort by height.
posted by DarlingBri at 8:48 AM on August 17

Thousands of college students will tell you that risers are more stable than they seem. Honestly, I think risers are more stable than adding an 8" leg to a bed.
posted by hydra77 at 11:04 AM on August 17 [4 favorites]

I've used risers on my bed for years (similar to what hydra77 linked to, only mine are one single piece), and it's quite stable. In my case, I do it so I can keep extra storage under my bed but they really are surprisingly stable.
posted by litera scripta manet at 11:07 AM on August 17 [2 favorites]

I use full wood block risers on my bed instead of plastic ones - no issues. Got at blood bath and beyond 10 months ago. About four inches. I’ve also got the plastic kind, about 7 inches tall, under a 3/4 size couch I couldn’t get up and down from very steadily. No issues.
posted by tilde at 3:36 PM on August 22

« Older What was that hour-logging website with a baking...   |   "Oh sugar sugar..." Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments