Movies that want you to have a good time?

What the title says - I want to watch a movie that's really fun, but not necessarily a comfort movie.

The movie that really stands out to me as fitting this is Down With Love (2003). Not looking for movies that take themselves too seriously, although I still do care about quality. There has to be some element of humor, even if it's in the style of American Psycho. I think a lot of the movies that tend to fit this tend to be really tropey and/or parodies (Detention (2011), the Scream movies). Big fan of movies that are campy and over-the-top movies like Rocky Horror.

Even though I'm looking for comedies, any darker/serious movies that are intense and really good are still welcome (something like Senso?)

Other examples I've watched that somewhat fit, if it helps:
- Trainspotting
- Clueless
- Moonstruck
- But I'm A Cheerleader
- Saved!
- The Little Hours
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
posted by mnc to Media & Arts (107 answers total) 72 users marked this as a favorite

Oceans 11 - a classic caper movie
posted by metahawk at 4:05 PM on August 4, 2021 [16 favorites]

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Weekend at Bernies
Midsommar - this is definitely a horror movie that has black humour. To be honest, I didn’t find it funny while I was watching it but the humour is there.
posted by ashbury at 4:11 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

Spaceballs!
posted by cakelite at 4:11 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

It may be hard to find, but Drop Dead Gorgeous. And then if you need a bit more Kirsten Dunst, Bring It On.
posted by jacquilynne at 4:11 PM on August 4, 2021 [13 favorites]

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (trailer) is a fun mystery comedy that knows it’s a fun mystery comedy, including snarky narration by the main character (played by Robert Downey Jr.) It’s a blast, and quite quotable!
posted by Monochrome at 4:12 PM on August 4, 2021 [16 favorites]

perhaps "Ruthless People"
posted by metadave at 4:15 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Highway 61
posted by veery at 4:17 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Noises Off
Knives Off
posted by atomicstone at 4:20 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Knives Out
posted by pinochiette at 4:20 PM on August 4, 2021 [16 favorites]

the original Hairspray
Funny Bones - an overlooked gem of comedy, though a bit dark
Strictly Ballroom - very comforting, but also an enjoyable ride
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Rumble in the Bronx
Sorry To Bother You
Bringing Up Baby
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Delicatessen
3 Idiots - EPIC Bollywood comedy about three school friends - dark moments, but ultimate resolution
Death Proof - grisly moments, and I think Tarantino is a jerk, but there's lots I still love about this movie

Apropos of metahawk's point, some genres might have a higher hit rate for what you're looking for, or could be a starting point to look for new material beyond these answers: caper/heist movies, buddy/screwball/action/dark comedies, martial arts movies, musicals/dance-competition movies, movies with a Quest for an Item....
posted by rrrrrrrrrt at 4:24 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

A campy and over-the-top comedy? This year's Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar totally fits. It has some hilarious and surreal elements and is almost like a modern (and slightly more good-natured) Austin Powers, led by Gen-X Midwestern women.
posted by lisa g at 4:29 PM on August 4, 2021 [12 favorites]

Clue
Knives Out
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Singles
posted by hydra77 at 4:30 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

Death Becomes Her (incredible dark comedy about vanity and hubris and frenemies and muuuurder)
The Fifth Element (Bruce Willis’ other best role)
Pacifim Rim (fighting monsters with the power of friendship and giant robots)
Fido (delightful zombie movie about a boy and his, uh… dog…)
Metropolis (yes the silent film from the 20s, it’s still outstanding and actually quite funny but also because a modern viewer can see the seams each moment of the work is that much more triumphantly impressive)
Raising Arizona (not that I actually wish the Coen brothers had stopped after this but it’s still the best)
posted by Mizu at 4:30 PM on August 4, 2021 [6 favorites]

I think Godspell might work if you can find it. It’s a retelling of the gospels with the apostles as a clown/theater troupe. Lots of humorous retelling of parables. Cool songs if you’re into that. Gilda Radner and Martin Short got their start in a Canadian production.
posted by FencingGal at 4:33 PM on August 4, 2021

I highly recommend going into Palm Springs (currently on Hulu) knowing as little as possible, because that's a very fun ride. If you dislike it after twenty minutes you can ditch it.
posted by foxfirefey at 4:35 PM on August 4, 2021 [17 favorites]

Galaxy Quest (trailer) is a fun send-up of Star Trek. Even if you’ve never seen Star Trek you’ll enjoy it.
posted by Monochrome at 4:39 PM on August 4, 2021 [26 favorites]

Here to say Palm Springs.
posted by chuke at 4:40 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

IMO, Baby Driver is super fun.
posted by cleverevans at 4:40 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Agree with Pacific Rim. It's not a good movie, but it's really good at being the movie that it is, which is basically kids playing with mecha toys, but with a Hollywood blockbuster budget.
Also strongly agree on Galaxy Quest.

Try the latter Fast and Furious movies (from 5-6 on, when they became heist movies about Family). My wife and I both love watching them and cackling at the ridiculousness. They know they're ridiculous, and they lean into being ridiculous.
posted by Alterscape at 4:41 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

One that falls into this realm for me - it might be difficult to find (the Winnipeg Film Group sells DVDs and Hoopla & Itunes in Canada have it available) but Crime Wave by John Paisz. Paisz is a contemporary of fellow Winnipegger Guy Maddin (who pops up in some of Paisz short films from the early 80s). Speaking of which, Maddin's Green Fog (sort a reconstructed version of Vertigo with parts of other TV shows and movies shot in San Francisco) or My Winnipeg (a goofy "docufantasia" about his hometown) would qualify. If you can handle low budget camp musicals Big Meat Eater is a winner.
posted by Ashwagandha at 4:55 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

Big fan of movies that are campy and over-the-top movies like Rocky Horror.

Gotta think you've seen this, but: Flash Gordon You know it's fun because all creatures must make merry on pain of death.

Withnail and I?
posted by GCU Sweet and Full of Grace at 5:04 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

In my opinion Michael Bay's best movie, Pain & Gain (2013), falls into the category you're describing! Besides starring The Rock and Mark Wahlberg, the cast is stacked with actors who are fun to watch (Tony Shaloub, Rebel Wilson, Ed Harris, Anthony Mackie...) Absurd parody of a crime movie.
posted by demonic winged headgear at 5:05 PM on August 4, 2021

I popped in to say "Drop Dead Gorgeous" along with other fine Mefites with good taste. This link says that you can buy it on YouTube and Google Play.
posted by Sauter Vaguely at 5:11 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

One of my favorite feel good movies is "Max Dugan Returns". It's low key comedy, the hero is a public school teacher, and an underlying theme is philosophy. "Can you make money in philosophy?" "Oh yeah, if you've got the right one!"

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Blast from the Past
Charlie Bartlett
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
RED & RED 2

And the Deadpool movies (for me) are so over the top that I really enjoy them. But I realize others may disagree.

"The Inside Man" wants you to have a good time the first time you watch it, but you can't watch it again (once you know the secret).
posted by forthright at 5:14 PM on August 4, 2021

'To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar'?
posted by porpoise at 5:18 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

Snatch
Waking Ned Devine
Summer of Sam
posted by Schielisque at 5:20 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

Josie and the Pussycats
posted by Crystalinne at 5:23 PM on August 4, 2021 [10 favorites]

Sneakers
posted by whimsicalnymph at 5:32 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

One I don’t see on the list yet is Bagdad Cafe, which I haven’t thought of in ages and now I need to watch it again.
posted by tchemgrrl at 5:41 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown is my go-to movie when I need to be laugh-crying while also having a sumptuous and beautifully stylized visual experience (as with most things Almodóvar).
posted by mykescipark at 5:41 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Lake Placid. Yes, it's about a giant crocodile in Maine. Brenden Gleeson and Betty White are delightful, as are the rest of the cast.
posted by SPrintF at 5:42 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Another vote for Clue
Rat Race
posted by paradeofblimps at 5:44 PM on August 4, 2021

Hot Fuzz
Jennifer’s Body (really wants you to have fun hating on indie rock boys)
Whip It
Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
posted by Lawn Beaver at 5:49 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Oceans 11 - a classic caper movie

Agree, I recently saw Flypaper which is another wacky caper movie that is just a little odd. It's violent, but as long as it's not a dealbreaker it's got some great humor and an all-star cast.
posted by jessamyn at 5:52 PM on August 4, 2021

Two clever, fast and funny movies that made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt:

Booksmart

The Young Offenders (unless you’re from Cork, you’ll want the subtitles on for this one)
posted by hurdy gurdy girl at 5:56 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

If I understand you correctly, my go-tos in this genre are Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.
posted by synecdoche at 6:01 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

Zombieland is smart, funny, and well-produced.
posted by kdar at 6:04 PM on August 4, 2021 [4 favorites]

There's always been Starkadders on Cold Comfort Farm....
posted by basalganglia at 6:07 PM on August 4, 2021 [9 favorites]

I watched Zazie dans le Métro last week and it may hit the right notes for you. It's weird in a delightful way -- it's a kids' movie for adults (but note there are a couple of weirdly racist bits, but they're short and not really significant). I think some of the jokes are funnier in French (I only understand the most basic French) but for me, that contributed to the surreal feel of the whole thing.

Maybe slightly more low-key than what you're going for, but I just watched Clockwatchers and it's definitely meant to be fun.
posted by edencosmic at 6:09 PM on August 4, 2021

No one has yet mentioned The Disaster Artist? It's unbelievably fun.
posted by nantucket at 6:14 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

Magic Mike XXL. (It has to be the second Magic Mike movie, not the first). I know a film about strippers doesn’t sound like a feel good movie but I promise, it really is. It’s not dark, or sleazy, it’s just fun and has no major drama.
posted by Jubey at 6:17 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Mad Max: Fury Road?
A Knight's Tale?
Real Steel?

I know I'm gonna think of a dozen more just as I'm heading off to sleep.
posted by xenization at 6:21 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

HOW has no one said The Mummy???? (The 1999 one, not the godawful 2017 one with Tom Cruise)

Also A Knight's Tale, which is a bit "softer" than The Little Hours but fun nonetheless.
posted by Pallas Athena at 6:22 PM on August 4, 2021 [8 favorites]

Damsels in Distress
posted by Bigfoot Mandala at 6:26 PM on August 4, 2021

N-thing Hot Fuzz (and the rest of the Cornetto Trilogy, Shaun of the Dead and The World's End, but especially Hot Fuzz)

Real Genius (1985)
posted by doift at 6:30 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

The Dish
What We Do in the Shadows
posted by scruss at 7:06 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

Ready or Not, and The Hunt are part of the recent genre of horror comedies and might be what you're looking for. I found Ready or Not especially fun even though it's very bloody.
posted by marylynn at 7:31 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Heathers.
posted by praemunire at 7:41 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

My Favorite Year. Peter O'Toole is brilliant as a fading matinée idol reduced to appearing as a guest star on a mid-50s variety TV show.
posted by HillbillyInBC at 7:53 PM on August 4, 2021 [7 favorites]

Happy Death Day

Groundhog Day

What's Up Doc

A Shot In The Dark

Are Mel Brooks movies too obvious? - The Producers, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Twelve Chairs
posted by gudrun at 7:57 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

over the top? the recent Knives Out has some pretty great villains. a lot. and a too pretty heroine and some too ugly family. and an incredibly over the top detective in Danial Craig.
posted by j_curiouser at 7:58 PM on August 4, 2021

Lots of great recs in the comments so far - I'll try not to include any repeat suggestions!

Death at a Funeral (2007)
St. Trinian's
Unconditional Love
Austenland
Ocean's 8
Oscar
Spy
posted by panther of the pyrenees at 8:10 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Do not miss Welcome to Collinwood. I think it's a bit underrated. Made me laugh so hard at the end. George Clooney, Sam Rockwell, William Macy, Luis Guzman, Michael Jeter, Patricia Clarkson...
posted by perhapses at 8:14 PM on August 4, 2021

And I'd throw in Mystery Men and Wet Hot American Summer.
posted by perhapses at 8:17 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Keanu
Beetlejuice
Sorry to Bother You
posted by Iris Gambol at 8:20 PM on August 4, 2021

Little Shop of Horrors
The Gods Must be Crazy
The Full Monty
Groundhog Day
posted by BoscosMom at 8:23 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Zoolander
Dude, Who Stole my Car?
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
posted by If only I had a penguin... at 8:31 PM on August 4, 2021

Grand Budapest Hotel
posted by Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug at 8:37 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Dora the explorer movie. Yes, I'm serious. It's absurdist winking fun for way longer than I expected.
posted by Jacen at 8:38 PM on August 4, 2021

I believe you’re looking camp or black/dark comedy. Not to say that other movies can’t be fun, but you can basically just google “campy movies” and and pick a winner. In addition to the fantastic recommendations above:
Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion
Cool Runnings
So I Married an Axe Murderer
A League of Their Own
posted by Champagne Supernova at 8:40 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert has a few serious moments, but is mostly lots of fun. Come on... Hugo Weaving, Terence Stamp, and Guy Pearce in drag!
posted by Multicellular Exothermic at 9:13 PM on August 4, 2021 [5 favorites]

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil
posted by Grandysaur at 9:38 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga on Netflix. I usually hate Will Ferrell but this is just charming and funny and sweet, featuring the softest "villain" ever (the real villain isn't soft, but the Dan Stevens character fills the supposed bad guy spot for much of the movie), and the big song, "Husavik," slaps so hard.
posted by kitten kaboodle at 9:49 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Danny Deckchair (2003)
Coneheads (1993)
My Cousin Vinny (1992)
City Slickers (1991)
Groundhog Day (1993)
L.A. Story (1991)
posted by Mr. Papagiorgio at 9:53 PM on August 4, 2021 [4 favorites]

Tag
posted by gt2 at 10:04 PM on August 4, 2021

Walk Hard, Stepbrothers

“dewey, i’m cut in half pretty bad”
posted by RobotVoodooPower at 10:20 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

Tremors.
Burt Gummer and his neverending collection of weapons. The evolution of the grabboid. The latest sidekick. Are there grabboids in heaven? Trust Burt to be locked and loaded.
posted by TrishaU at 10:29 PM on August 4, 2021 [3 favorites]

Enthusiastically seconding Galaxy Quest and Tucker and Dale Versus Evil! And encouraging you to give Hot Tub Time Machine a try, if for nothing more than Rob Corddry’s note-perfect performance over the closing credits.
posted by jesourie at 10:53 PM on August 4, 2021

Speed Racer is pure, over the top fun.
posted by wsquared at 10:57 PM on August 4, 2021 [2 favorites]

The Big Year fits your requirements perfectly. It's a movie about an international bird watching competition. Starring Jack Black, Owen Wilson, and Steve Martin.
posted by Beholder at 11:57 PM on August 4, 2021 [1 favorite]

I Heart Huckabees, My Cousin Vinny, Johnny Mnemonic
posted by dame at 1:28 AM on August 5, 2021 [3 favorites]

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
I remember thinking Wreck-It Ralph was surprisingly fun after watching it
posted by trig at 2:07 AM on August 5, 2021

I'm not generally a big fan of this type of movie, but it's fun to try to think of answers. Many answers here are great! I'll offer:

Cannonball Run, and other trucker movies from that era like Smokey and the Bandit
The Naked Gun movies, and Hot Shots
Police Academy movies
Armageddon
The South Park movie, and that Team America one
Almost anything by John Waters
Lethal Weapon movies
Legally Blonde
Miss Congeniality
That ABBA-song-based movie I can't remember the name of
Almost any SNL-derived movie (though they're all bad)
Austin Powers movies
posted by edlundart at 3:37 AM on August 5, 2021

Ooooh, Down With Love is the best!

Seconding:
- Galaxy Quest
- Raising Arizona
- Budapest Hotel

Adding:
- Wes Anderson: Rushmore
- Coen Brothers: Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, Burn After Reading, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo
- The Boat That Rocked (minus the swapping scene), or any comedy with Bill Nye
posted by meijusa at 4:00 AM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

The Handmaiden: erotic cinematic maximalism at it finest and most absurd

Love and Anarchy: classic Wertmueller romp though fascism and desire; see also Summer Night with Greek Profile, Almond Eyes, and Scent of Basil

Death of Stalin: bleak, vulgar, horrific and somehow, yes, incredibly fun

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: delightfully wandering and lightly surreal finger to the upper classes
posted by youarenothere at 5:32 AM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

Literally "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" popped into my head reading your question, so nthing that one. That actually got stuck in my DVD player and I was like, "hey, could be worse."

But another that had the same vibe (to me, YMMV) is "The Nice Guys": hapless private detective Ryan Gosling, hard-boiled Russell Crowe.
posted by adekllny at 5:54 AM on August 5, 2021 [3 favorites]

Kung Fu Hustle!!!!!
posted by Hermione Granger at 6:27 AM on August 5, 2021 [5 favorites]

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. A couple hours of mostly humorous chase scenes.
posted by SemiSalt at 7:40 AM on August 5, 2021

I have mentioned it here before, but The Great Race incorporates the largest pie fight ever filmed. After it appeared on Saturday afternoon television when I was a kid, my brother walked around for weeks, flapping his hands and shouting, "More pies! More brandy!"
posted by Multicellular Exothermic at 7:49 AM on August 5, 2021

Another Round. "Four high school teachers consume alcohol on a daily basis to see how it affects their social and professional lives."
posted by icy_latte at 7:59 AM on August 5, 2021

Coming back to add Bowfinger.
posted by gudrun at 8:10 AM on August 5, 2021

Go
"It's a Miata! You can't fit a dead body in the trunk!"

License to Drive
posted by The_Vegetables at 8:10 AM on August 5, 2021 [4 favorites]

Ha! Not mentioned yet: Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
posted by TWinbrook8 at 8:31 AM on August 5, 2021

Also 24 Hour Party People and Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, both with Steve Coogan.
posted by TWinbrook8 at 8:50 AM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

Best in Show. Good (documentary) follow-up - Chicken People.
posted by ikahime at 9:17 AM on August 5, 2021 [2 favorites]

The Lego Movie (seriously)
posted by General Malaise at 9:46 AM on August 5, 2021 [2 favorites]

Seconding all of the Fast & Furious movies.
Dazed & Confused
The Goonies
The Lost Boys
posted by haplesschild at 10:45 AM on August 5, 2021

To Be or Not to Be (1942)
posted by ob1quixote at 11:03 AM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

I completely forgot to mention the wonderful Game Night. I went into it expecting to hate it and I've watched it something like 20 times now, it makes me laugh out loud, which I never do at movies.
posted by kitten kaboodle at 2:03 PM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

But another that had the same vibe (to me, YMMV) is "The Nice Guys"

FYI: The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were both directed by Shane Black. (his oeuvre is a bit hit and miss - Iron Man 3?), but I think he found his groove with comic noir)
posted by condour75 at 2:14 PM on August 5, 2021 [1 favorite]

What? I liked Iron Man 3!

Granted, not as much as I liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
posted by Naberius at 5:21 PM on August 5, 2021

Pitch Perfect and the sequels.

As Above, So Below is supposed to be a horror/action/thriller but it’s so campy and fun imo. I could watch it over and over.
posted by keep it under cover at 7:17 PM on August 5, 2021

One Cut of the Dead
Live, Die, Repeat (also called Edge of Tomorrow)
Point Break
Election
Hellzapoppin’
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Tremors
posted by iamkimiam at 11:27 PM on August 5, 2021

The Breakfast Club

And I nth everyone who recommended Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or Zoolander.
posted by bendy at 12:31 AM on August 6, 2021 [1 favorite]

Galaxy Quest (1999) and
Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary (2019)

The Triplets of Belleville (2003) Animated

I saw it based on the first sentence of the review by Roger Ebert: "The Triplets of Belleville" will have you walking out of the theater with a goofy damn grin on your face, wondering what just happened to you." He also wrote: "After a certain point it isn't the surprises that surprise us -- it's the surprises about the surprises."

Essentially a silent film, with maybe a dozen lines of dialog in French. The story is told so well visually that the dialog isn't needed.
posted by Homer42 at 1:35 AM on August 6, 2021 [3 favorites]

OH MY GOD NEVER BLASPHEME MAMMA MIA ON THIS SITE AGAIN (that's a great answer).

Came to say Priscilla Queen of the Desert, though.
posted by athirstforsalt at 2:37 AM on August 6, 2021 [1 favorite]

I am kidding, btw, Edlundart!!

In that vein tho, also forever and ever a Grease fan.
posted by athirstforsalt at 2:42 AM on August 6, 2021

Logan Lucky
posted by Iris Gambol at 8:38 AM on August 6, 2021 [1 favorite]

Tank Girl is a total romp.

Stardust is in a similar tone as The Princess Bride.
posted by meemzi at 11:18 AM on August 6, 2021 [1 favorite]

You might want to check out Guns Akimbo. Yes, there is lots of frenetic violence and gunplay, but it's cartoony, video game violence. The film doesn't take itself seriously.
posted by Multicellular Exothermic at 6:26 PM on August 6, 2021

Wayne's World for sure

The Italian Job is really fun

Agree with both Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 8 (Ocean's 12 is ok, 13 is not great)

Definitely agree with Clue, I need to watch that again, it's so funny
posted by radioamy at 8:10 PM on August 6, 2021 [1 favorite]

If you have Trainspotting on your list I feel like Another Round should be on it too.
posted by weewooweewoo at 9:36 PM on August 6, 2021

I came back because I thought of two more. If you like Trainspotting, I can highly recommend Shallow Grave, which was the director's first film (I think). Also, kinda a sideways one, but Playtime from Jacques Tati. Beautifully shot and very silly in a way that reminds me of Down With Love even though they are not alike on the surface.
posted by dame at 4:50 AM on August 7, 2021

If you're looking more romantic/adventurous feel-good, then:
Amelie
The Princess Bride

They're both delightful.

Some others I haven't see on this list:
21 Jump Street (and its sequel 22 Jump Street)
Bridesmaids
The Heat
posted by miasma at 1:42 PM on August 7, 2021

The Favorite (or The Favourite) is extremely fun.
posted by Klipspringer at 3:03 AM on August 8, 2021

Intolerable Cruelty. Coen brothers directing, with Catherine Zeta Jones, peak George Clooney, Geoffrey Rush, Billy Bob Thornton, Julia Duffy (!). "Darling! You're exposed!"
posted by woot at 6:14 PM on August 8, 2021

« Older Please recommend some light, gentle, funny...   |   Quiet Beach Towns/Resorts on Southern Spanish... Newer »