Keep the door open! Or closed!
June 18, 2021 2:19 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a specific type of doorstop, and I don't know what it's called or how to search for it.

The type of doorstop I'm looking for is fabric, and it runs the length of the door, and it has two sides - so you essentially slide it under the door and it prevents the door from moving in either direction. In cross section, it looks like the voice mail icon.

Is there a name for this type of doorstop? Whenever I search for "fabric doorstop" online in general, or at etsy, I see a lot of sorta small sandbag-shaped ones that rest against the door, but nothing like I'm describing. I've seen this style of doorstop in a few medical office buildings recently, but when I ask nobody at those places knows where the building got them from.
posted by pdb to Home & Garden (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Twin/double draft stopper/guard: example
posted by ohkay at 2:23 PM on June 18, 2021 [1 favorite]

Best answer: "Draft stopper" or "draft excluder".
posted by caek at 2:24 PM on June 18, 2021 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: That's it! Thank you both.
posted by pdb at 2:28 PM on June 18, 2021

These don't stop the door from moving though. They just block air from traveling under.
posted by flimflam at 8:46 PM on June 18, 2021 [2 favorites]

When my son was little we had one of these and I explained what it was for. “It will stop the drafts from coming in.” He looked very puzzled and said, “But we don’t have any giraffes.”
posted by ThatCanadianGirl at 11:29 AM on June 20, 2021 [2 favorites]

« Older Speaking sexy to thee   |   talk to me about adrenal fatigue Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments