2nd (taxable) account at vanguard

I'd like to invest some non-qualified money at Vanguard and can't figure out how to open that separately. It shouldn't be this difficult.
posted by notned to Work & Money (7 answers total)

Log in and then under the account tab pick open a new account. You should be able to access all of your accounts via the same log in and to transfer money (to the extent permitted) between them. I think I have 6 different Vanguard accounts all under the same log-in.
posted by metahawk at 5:00 PM on May 3

From the Balances screen (the first thing you see when you log in, probably), click "Buy funds," then click "Add another account" and proceed from there.
posted by bcwinters at 5:02 PM on May 3

You can also send an email to Vanguard's customer service via the secure message tool when you're logged in and ask for help. I have found them to be quick to response and thorough in their answers.
posted by phunniemee at 5:43 PM on May 3 [1 favorite]

Best answer: From home screen, My accounts > Open an account
posted by praemunire at 6:14 PM on May 3

I was confused about an additional account with Vanguard earlier this year and called in - they took care of it while I was on the phone, sent me the paperwork electronically for electronic signature while they had me on the phone and got the whole thing wrapped up in one call. I was very pleasantly surprised.
posted by COD at 7:38 PM on May 3

I have always found the Vanguard staff ready, willing, and able. No need to figure anything out by yourself.
posted by SemiSalt at 5:30 AM on May 4

Response by poster: I'm going to say that they were having a service issue previously. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thank you, everybody.
posted by notned at 4:43 PM on May 4

« Older Is it necessary to get polishing & fluoride...   |   A portable vegetarian feast Newer »