Recommendations for Zoom video backgrounds?
April 15, 2021 8:15 AM   Subscribe

There's a ton of Zoom background sites out there, but searching them feels spammy and it's a bit overwhelming to find good ones. What are your favorite sources or examples? I'm particularly looking for video backgrounds (beach/forest/office etc.) Thanks very much for any tips!
posted by Bwithh to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Response by poster: (Free is best of course but I'm OK with paying something reasonable too)
posted by Bwithh at 8:16 AM on April 15

Best answer: Pixabay videos work pretty well, but do watch them all the way through to make sure they don't have an irritating jump when they start over. Free (registration may be required).
posted by wintersweet at 8:33 AM on April 15 [2 favorites]

Not video, but still awesome. Official Star Wars backgrounds.
posted by wile e at 11:34 AM on April 15 [3 favorites]

I am a big fan of the (static) Studio Ghibli backgrounds. I also spend some time looking for pictures that I like on Wikimedia Commons (beach/forest) because they are high res (usually) and ok to use for whatever.
posted by jessamyn at 4:28 PM on April 15 [2 favorites]

The problem with beach and other nature videos often there are movement of the camera. Very few genuine time-lapse style videos for free out there, unless you want to make your own.
posted by kschang at 4:48 PM on April 15 [1 favorite]

« Older Help me import a previous Thunderbird calendar...   |   Art of beginning and feeding a conversation Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments