Facebook lockout - again.

I'm in Facebook jail. Again. Third time in two months. They've not told me what I'm doing wrong, all I've gotten is the standard you can request a review boilerplate. Help?

My account was locked for the third time in two months this morning, and I still can't figure out why. This morning was different, because to request a review, I had to prove that I was human. I had to take a video selfie of myself turning my head to the left and to the right, which was supposed to take “ under a minute.” friends, I spent 25 minutes trying to get that stupid video work to work, with no success whatsoever.

But when I logged onto my desktop, I got the message “We Received Your Information
Thank you for sending your information.
We have fewer people available to review information due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This means we may be unable to review your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience.”

I use asterisks in all my swear words, I don't spam. A friend wondered if my use of an auto poster, SmarterQueue, to post in my Facebook group, might have something to do with it. I have no idea, and I'm hoping someone smarter than me here might have a clue.

All of my business comes from my Facebook. I don't know what I'm going to do if I keep losing access like this. Please help?
posted by The Almighty Mommy Goddess to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I just got put on time-out from a queer women’s Facebook group because I violated their rules by using the word “man,” because it somehow got flagged as hate speech regardless of context so they preemptively mute people for any instance of it. Facebook moderation is unfathomably fucked up at this point.
posted by showbiz_liz at 5:56 PM on April 12, 2021 [5 favorites]

Agree, Facebook mod and general construction is junk. You can try contacting them.

Fyi, if this is continuous and you have an old state ID, you can use the old ID and a nickname or name for yourself to create a 'new person'. The verifiers will often overlook the duplication if the information has enough separation. (Verified suggestion)
posted by firstdaffodils at 6:04 PM on April 12, 2021 [1 favorite]

One thing to check is any apps that have access to your account — it's possible you've got a bad actor in there.

How often do you post with SmarterQueue?

It's worth noting that SmarterQueue has a page in their help docs specifically about facebook blocks. The page isn't much help, but if it's there it suggests that the app running afoul of FB's rules is somewhat common.
posted by wemayfreeze at 7:42 PM on April 12, 2021 [2 favorites]

This may not help you much right now, but if you are getting your business from a place page or group page you will want to add some other users as admins.

You might even be able to create another user yourself. I would try this from a device that has no cookies, phone number, or IP address in common with your current account. I have an account for my pet that I take no such precautions with, but perhaps they are keeping a closer eye on your activity.

My pet lived a long happy life and lives on as a backup admin for certain things.
posted by yohko at 7:49 PM on April 12, 2021 [3 favorites]

« Older Best Adhesive for Cheap Honda Dashboard Plastic   |   How to care for a baby alligator lizard overnight? Newer »