Celebrating 10 years of book club

What should we do to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of my book club? I’d like to do something to mark the occasion.

Relevant details: We meet this coming Friday. The book is already chosen. We meet in person (in compliance with COVID restrictions — there is almost none in our area). We eat snacks.
posted by Prunesquallor to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: One suggestion is to find a 2011 vintage wine (assuming people usually drink, ignore this if not). Looks like some wine stores in my area have a few extremely affordable options.
posted by Night_owl at 5:27 PM on April 11 [5 favorites]

Best answer: Congratulations! Maybe a group donation to your local library or literacy foundation, or the Dolly Parton Imagination Library?
posted by Orange Dinosaur Slide at 5:38 PM on April 11 [1 favorite]

Ask members to bring a few books and do a book swap.
Lists - make a list of all the books the group has read. Ask members to make some lists of favorite books and books they didn't like, discuss.
Celebratory snacks/ meal, wine.
posted by theora55 at 7:36 PM on April 11 [2 favorites]

dress as a character from (or even just prepare and deliver a passage from) your favorite book. Everyone else has to guess what book it was.

or everyone brings a food to share that featured in one of your books.
posted by fingersandtoes at 9:10 PM on April 11

Get a personalized message celebrating the occasion, delivered by a favorite author/character (if adapted into a movie) through Cameo.

For a recent work event, Elijah Wood delivered a Lord of the Rings themed message, which was particularly memorable.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 10:03 PM on April 11 [2 favorites]

« Older My kingdom for this exact shirt   |   Securing the cloth of my car ceiling back to the... Newer »