Font Size in Google Doc for 5/32" spaced lines for blank journal?

I'm looking to make a blank journal with lines spaced at 5/32ths of an inch. Is there a font size in Google Docs, that I can use to just make a line of continuous underscores, or space with underlines on, that would achieve this?

I have a journal currently that has lines spaced at 5/16ths of an inch, but I double up on the lines (using an eyeballed imaginary line between them) in order to cram more writing per page, so I wanted to make a new one which would have that narrow of an actual line..
posted by Quarter Pincher to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

For the size you're suggesting, that's about 70 lines per page: you could use Google Sheets, make column A wider, select 70 cells from it, then print as pdf, selected cells, fit to height. There are formatting suggestions for gridlines, either in the sheet or when printing.
posted by Wrinkled Stumpskin at 3:55 AM on March 27

Response by poster: For what it's worth with regard to different methods as suggested above, the page size is A4 (8.27" x 11.69"), with 0.25" margins..
posted by Quarter Pincher at 3:59 AM on March 27

You'll want to check if one point is 1/72 or 1/96 inch in your OS -- Windows went to 1/96 for some reason when the typographic standard is 1/72.

5/32 is 15/96 inch (easy) or 11 1/4 72nds or points.

But the easy way to specify your grid is, as said above, in Sheets.
posted by k3ninho at 4:50 AM on March 27 [1 favorite]

Does it have to be done in Google Docs? Inkscape would let you do this easily.
posted by trig at 5:07 AM on March 27 [1 favorite]

Incompetech's Lined Graph Paper PDF Generator might do the job for you. I chose 2.52 lines/cm on A4 paper (click the paper icon to select) with ΒΌ" margins. Measuring the resulting PDF in Inkscape I got 0.156" line spacing and 0.3" margins all round, 72 lines/page. I suppose you could choose 6.4 lines/in (= 32/5 per inch) to much the same end, but I'd never think to start off in US customary units.
posted by scruss at 6:18 AM on March 27 [14 favorites]

Nice tool!

I used it to specify A4 paper, 0.7 points line thickness, 6.4 lines per inch, 0.25" margins and downloaded the resulting PDF. Then I used pdfunite to make a two-page version of it suitable for double-sided printing, and it actually got smaller.

2pages6.4lpi.pdf
posted by flabdablet at 7:09 AM on March 27 [1 favorite]

« Older Looking for stories about the resilience of human...   |   Can you help me identify a famous painting from... Newer »